The Fire Department of Liberty Township responded to a house fire at 3030 Main St., Clayton, at about 3:30 a.m. Monday. Firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke coming from the residence, but were able to make entry and get the fire under control. The residents had already escaped with no injuries. Investigators found no working smoke detectors in the home.
The home was a total loss and the Red Cross was called to assist the residents.
The initial investigation shows it was most likely an electrical fire. Agencies dispatched to the fire were the Fire Department of Liberty Township, Danville Fire Department, Avon Fire Department, and Amo Fire Department.