INDIANAPOLIS — Be a part of a special tradition - 50 years in the making.
Quality Connection, IBEW 481, RTV-6, and Indianapolis Downtown, Inc. are seeking entertainers to perform at the 50th anniversary of the Circle of Lights presented by the Contractors of Quality Connection and Electrical Workers of IBEW 481 on Nov. 23.
For the second year, auditions will be recorded and made into an RTV-6 Circle of Lights audition special, "The Circle of Lights Talent Search." The show will take viewers behind the scenes as hundreds of Hoosier singers, dancers, and entertainers vie for spots in the Circle of Lights show. The one-hour "Circle of Lights Talent Search" will premiere 7 p.m. Nov. 22 on RTV-6. This is in addition to RTV-6's live coverage of the Circle of Lights at 7 p.m. Nov. 23.
Selected finalists from first auditions will be called back for a final audition. With more than 100 acts auditioning each year, a second audition allows judges to focus on the top acts and then select the finalists to perform in the live show.
The chosen acts will have the opportunity to share the stage with Indianapolis native Angela Brown, opera star and co-host of the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra's Duke Energy Yuletide Celebration.
First auditions are 4-8 p.m. Sept. 25 at IBEW Local 481 Hall, 1828 N. Meridian St.; and 9 a.m. to noon Sept. 29 at the Electrical Training Institute, 1751 S. Lawndale Ave. The second audition for selected finalists are 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Oct. 8. Performers are encouraged to have a second number prepared should they be invited to call-backs.
There is no need to pre-register for auditions. Performers will audition in the order in which they arrive. Auditioners should allow several hours for the audition process on both Sept. 25 and 29.
Performers should prepare a number/act using the following specifications:
- Not to exceed 2 minutes. This time limit will be strictly enforced at auditions. Acts chosen for the show will have approximately 3 to 3-and-a-half minutes to perform but for the sake of time, auditions must be limited
- A holiday theme is required (upbeat preferred)
- Tracks are to be formatted to CD. If necessary, a keyboard and microphones will be provided. Bring your own keyboardist.
- Stage dimensions are 24-by-16 feet
- Group size should not exceed 25 persons
- Those acts that audition in person are generally more successful.
Selected groups must commit to two evening rehearsal dates, Nov. 1 and 15, prior to the event and from 2:30 to 8:30 p.m. on the day of the event. Call 332-4012 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.