INDIANAPOLIS — The Wayne Township Fire Department responded to a fire at 6011 Beech Drive Friday afternoon.
The fire was coming from an apartment in the Ashton Pointe apartment complex in a laundry area of a kitchen in one of the buildings.
“There was a kitchen and closet and washer and dryer in it, and it burnt clothes in the dryer and extended a little to the walls,” Troy Wymer of the WTFD said. “There was a lot of smoke showing on arrival, but we brought it under control in probably 10 minutes.”
There were no injuries reported. The owner of the apartment was not at home at the time of the fire and arrived as firefighters were leaving.
Wymer said the fire was probably the result of either lint or something put inside the dryer that is not supposed to be there.
“Maybe an oily rag or something you use a flammable cleaner on, but most likely it was a lint fire,” he said.